Thursday, August 10, 2006

First Thoughts on the Latest Terrorist Plot

As details of this horrendous plot emerges, it seems that the terrorists can be traced to the UK and Pakistan, and that Al Qaeda is behind it. Not Iraq, not Hamas, not Hezbollah. No, the guy that Bush let escape in a stunning display of ineptitude, and then confessed he didn't really care much about-Osama Bin Laden. From his press conference on March 13, 2002:
"Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. "
Why are the Democrats not hammering home this line? You can be sure that the right-wing noise machine would be all over this had Gore been president. When will be Democrats learn that they need to deflate the bubble surrounding Bush's "war on terror" mystique?

No comments: